Custom Search

Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 14- Proverbs 14:12

Proverbs 14:12 says, "There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

The best illustration I can give of this, is a dream I had this week. It goes like this: I was looking out a window and I seen a broken roller coaster and the owner (young guy) wanted to ride the roller coaster with his friends, even though it was broken and it not work properly. I thought to myself, "what are you doing?" The owner said, "we just want to have fun, its ok." So the owner and some friends got on the roller coaster and I looked and some little kids got on it also. The people kept saying, "we just want to have some fun, this is fun." After the roller coaster started going, the seats fell apart, and the people said,"it's ok, we just want to have fun." Then the seats turned into these go cart race cars on the roller coast track and they thought that was wonderful. I thought to myself, this is not right. All of a sudden some of the cars started racing the opposite direction and I yelled to them, "you're going the wrong direction" because the cars were going in both directions (racing towards each other). I was trying to warn them it was dangerous and they yelled back to me, "it's ok, we are having fun.'. Then all of a sudden, the cars crashed into each other and some people were hurt and the others killed.

Too many times people do stupid things in the name of fun. "It's ok to drink and party, "we are just having fun". It's ok to experiment with drugs, "we are just having fun." It's ok, to have an affair, no one will know, it doesn't mean anything, "I just want to have fun." But these things can lead to death and destruction of our lives.

Bottom line: just because it's "fun" doesn't mean it will lead to happiness, it doesn't mean it will lead to life, it doesn't mean it won't destroy you. Also what you do in the name of fun will always affect others, not just yourself (just like in the dream when the little kids followed the older people and got on the roller coaster.) Stay in God's ways and you won't go down the road of destruction.

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com