Custom Search

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 24-Proverbs 24:29

Proverbs 24:29 says, "Do not say, "I will do to him just as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work."

LB "And don't say, "Now I will pay them back for all their meanness to me! I'll get even."

If someone has done you wrong, the Word says to forgive, not to get even. Romans 12: 17 says, "repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men." Vs. 19 says, Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath: for it is written, "Vengence is mine, I will repay," says the Lord. We don't have to worry about getting vengence because the Lord will take care of it,( it may not be right away) however, I believe first the Lord gives that person a time to repent. Vs. 20 says, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Even though this can be very difficult at times, we are to show kindness to our enemies, because when we do, it will show them the love of the Lord and alot of times bring them to repentence.

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com