Custom Search

Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 5-Proverbs 5:12-13

vs.12"How I have hated instruction, And my heart despised correction!
vs.13"I have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, Nor inclined my ear to those who instructed me!"

When I first read this scripture it reminds me of a rebellious teenager. A rebellious teenager does not want to listen to instruction from either their parents or teachers. But this scripture does not apply to just teenagers. Adults can be even more rebellious. We need not get to a point where we don't want to listen to instruction (we need not think we know it all) . Sometimes, the Lord corrects us for things we are doing wrong, we need not despise it. Heb. 12:5-9 He corrects us because he loves us. (Remember hearing that from our parents?) It's true, the Lord wants us to walk in the right way, so He can bless us and we can lead a victorious and abundant life. Let's keep our hearts open to the Lord's instruction and not despise his correction when needed.

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com